Kingsley Hall (designed by Charles Cowles-Vosey) in Bow (East London) was opened in 1928 and the Prescott Channel (1930) nearby were both over engineered with concrete, the medium of choice of that era. At Harrow on the Hill station, and others in Metro-land, concrete slabs abound. Charles Holden designed many stations with concrete, such as Rayners Lane Station
Rodney Gordon was responsible for many buildings that were described as "concrete monstrosities". He was trained in part by Bauhaus architect Arthur Korn.